The AK cut and loop is very similar to the AK-I in many aspects.
We have a set of videos below that will guide you through the main functions of the machine.
Switching from cut to loop
To change from cut to loop you need to replace the scissor with one of the loop heads.
2 loop heads are included, for smaller and bigger loops.
To switch them:
- Unplug your machine
- Release the upper arm from the sliding part.
- Move the upper sliding part to the front
- Unscrew the scissor opener and move it out of the way
- Rotate the white wheel to the position where the scissor is all the way at the front.
- You can now access the screw of the scissors. Unscrew them, take them out with a set of pliers and put the loophead where the scissor was.
- Now move back the scissor opener, somewhere at the back of the reel (it has no function for the loop setting).
- Reattach the arm, with the yarn guide inbetween.
- If you installed the loop head, you need to change the slot on the wheel, it will ensure that the loops are more small and neat. You have to release the lower arm from the wheel, to attach it to the other designated position in the wheel, the small round hole.
Adjusting the pileheight to the heighest setting
Checking the scissors
Checking the scissor opening system
Adjusting the break set
To ensure the machine stops at the right position after changing the pileheight, the brake system needs to be checked.